Corned beef is literally one of my favorite foods to eat, and it’s such a bummer that it’s only acceptable to eat on St. Patrick’s Day!
Since Hubby and I were out of town for the holiday this year, we moved our traditional dinner to this week, and it was delicious as always! Since we are in temporary housing, I don’t have a fully stocked kitchen, so this recipe has just the necessary ingredients, and it could not be easier!
Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage
- Corned Beef (Flat cut is best for slicing, point cut is more tender with a higher fat content)
- Corned Beef spice packet
- 1 12 oz bottle Boulevard Irish Ale
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- Quarter the onion and place on the bottom of the slow cooker. Put the corned beef on top and sprinkle with spice packet. Add Boulevard Irish Ale around the meat. Place slow cooker on low 10 hours.
- With 4 hours remaining, add in carrots and potatoes.
- With 1.5 hours remaining, add in chopped cabbage.