We’re finally in our home and we are slowly getting unpacked. We had the movers deliver all of our boxes and furniture, but they wouldn’t take and liquids, so my parents brought down boxes of cooking ingredients. I’ve been in such a cooking mood because this kitchen is worlds better than our old one. It’s bright and open and has an island. I feel giddy every time I look at it. Plus, it’s even more special to us because I picked out everything inside. We’ve only been in the house about two weeks, so we haven’t been cooking too much, but Hubby and I have been trying to cook at home more.
Now that the weather is warmer, and now that we have a grill, and now that we have a propane tank, well you get it – it’s time to grill! It’s been a long couple of months, so Hubby and I have been enjoying cooking in the kitchen and revisiting recipes that have been old favorites. This salmon recipe definitely qualifies as an old favorite. I love all kinds of salmon, baked salmon, grilled salmon, salmon with a white wine cream sauce, but this one is the one that I come back to time and time again. The ingredients are usually already in my pantry, and I love that I can easily swap out fresh dill for the dried.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for my favorite salmon. It’s easy, fresh and perfect for summer. Enjoy!
Grilled Lemon & Dill Salmon
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 T EVOO
- Lemon slices
- 1 T dill (dried or fresh)
- 1 t black pepper
- 2 T Magic Salmon Seasoning
- Brush olive oil on to both sides of the salmon filets.
- Sprinkle dried ingredients on each side as well. You can mix them in a bowl first, or just sprinkle them on top.
- Lay two lemon slices on top of each fillet.
- Grill the salmon fillets until finished. They take about 10 minutes on my small grill, but the time will depend on how hot your grill is.
- Serve with rice and vegetables for the perfect spring or summer dinner!
You can also bake this salmon at 350º for 12-15 minutes.