By now you should know that I am the queen of easy recipes, right? I love things that can be tossed in a slow cooker, that have few ingredients, or that don’t take a lot of effort. That’s why I absolutely love this recipe for Slow Cooker Ranch Pesto Chicken. I’ve been making it for years, and my husband absolutely loves it!
My husband used to work from home a lot, so I would prepare this in the morning, and stick it in the fridge. Then he’d take it out in the afternoon and turn on the crock pot so it’d be ready for dinner. I have tried using the timer function and cooking it for 5 hours, then having the slow cooker switch to warm, but I’ve found that the chicken gets too done. If you decide to try that, use thighs with the bone in to keep the chicken juicer.
Slow Cooker Ranch Pesto Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 1/8 C or 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 6-8 ounces pesto
- 1/4 C chicken or vegetable stock
- shredded mozzarella for garnish
- salt & pepper
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides and place the seasoned chicken thighs in the slow cooker. I like to use the boneless chicken thighs, but you can use whichever you prefer. This also works great with chicken breast, too!
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning on top of chicken thighs. Then top with big dollops of pesto. I usually use the entire jar, but you can add as much as you like.
- Add a little liquid to the bottom of the slow cooker to keep the thighs moist. You don’t need much, you don’t want to boil them. Just add enough to moisten the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours. Serve with shredded mozzarella (parmesan works great, too!). I served this with a broccoli and cauliflower medley and herbed rice.
Let me know if you make this recipe, and if you love it as much as I do!